Ross D. Jacobson
Ross Jacobson is a Member in the Seattle office. He concentrates his practice in business matters including corporate transactions, business design and structure, mergers and acquisitions, and transactional real estate.
- Austen Everett Foundation
- Advisory Board
- Bellevue Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chair
- Bellevue Downtown Association
- Board of Directors, Current Member
- Board of Directors, Past Chair
- East King County Bar Association
- Past President
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum
- Board of Trustees, Current Member
- Founding Co-Chair
- King County Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Bellevue
- Past President
- Washington State Bar Association
- Business and Real Estate Sections
- “Jacobson gets BDA board chairmanship,” Bellevue Reporter, January 24, 2014.
Presentations & Seminars
- Speaker, “Mergers and Acquisitions: Nuts and Bolts”, National Business Institute Seminar, Seattle, WA, September 22, 2010.
- Speaker, “Negotiations & Mediation,” WSBA Young Lawyers’ Association’s 2006 Bridging the Gap Conference, Seattle, WA, March 3, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Presentation, “The Art of Negotiation,” sponsored by Bellevue Chamber of Commerce, King County Bar Association, and Clark Nuber CPA firm, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008.
- Speaker, “Practice Organization and Key Business Law Issues,” Washington State Medical Group Management Association, 2008.
- Speaker, “Drafting and Negotiating Merger & Acquisition Agreements,” National Business Institute Seminar, 2008.
- Speaker, “Documents from the Borrower’s Perspective,” National Business Institute Seminar: Basic Real Estate Finance, Seattle, WA, November 9, 2006.
- Presentation, “The Art of Negotiation,” separate seminar presentations for Bellevue Chamber of Commerce, King County Bar Association, and the Clark Nuber CPA firm, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- Speaker, “Negotiating and Drafting Acquisition Agreements in Washington,” National Business Institute Seminar, 2004.
- Presentation, “How to Protect the Value of Your Company’s Goodwill – Non-Compete Agreements,” PriceWaterhouseCoopers General Counsel Forum, 1998.
- Presentation, “Structuring an Agency Producer Agreement,” sponsored by Washington Association of Independent Insurance Agents, 1997.
- Speaker, “Confidentiality of Medical Records in Washington,” sponsored by Medical Educational Services, 1994.
- Business acquisitions and sales including numerous retirement center acquisitions, generally including both the business and real property, nursing home acquisition and sale, hospitality industry transactions, pharmaceutical company acquisitions, insurance agency acquisitions, and numerous other small to large business acquisitions
- Business design and structure including shareholders’ agreements, partnerships, LLC’s and PLLC’s
- Medical clinic and practice design and structure, physician employment and compensation agreements, medical clinic mergers and acquisitions
- Multi-unit franchise representation
- Commercial real estate including purchase and sale agreements, leases, lease options, ground leases, and financing documentation and easements
- Corporate transactions including stock option plans (ISO and NSO), stock bonus plans, profit sharing plans and vesting plans and schedules
- Employment issues including employment and compensation plans and agreements; non-competition, non-disclosure, non-use agreements for a variety of businesses