Williams Kastner offers a broad range of services in the areas of intellectual property and technology law. Intellectual property is the lifeblood of many businesses in today’s competitive markets. In each discipline within the broader field of intellectual property, it is the purpose of the law to preserve that competitive edge that sets a business apart—be it specific technologies (patent and trade secrets), reputation (trademarks), or the expression of ideas (copyright), intellectual property rights are of central concern to well-run businesses. The attorneys of Williams Kastner assist clients with identifying, protecting, managing and defending a myriad of intellectual property assets. From patent, trademark and copyright assets to trade secret, data privacy and domain name issues, our lawyers are versed in the nuances of intellectual property law as it continues to evolve.
Of specific concern to businesses, Williams Kastner attorneys draft contracts to protect and preserve the development of intellectual property whether by employees or independent consultants. Our attorneys are as confident in the international arena as they are in local business matters. In a continually shrinking world, the knowledgeable advice Williams Kastner attorneys provide relative to the procurement and preservation of patents, trademarks and copyrights, as well as advising and drafting documents in support of transactions, licensing, and distribution. Likewise, Williams Kastner attorneys advise relative to import and export controls that may affect those same transactions.
Beyond intellectual property itself, Williams Kastner attorneys have technological backgrounds that allow general corporate representation to technology-based businesses, including assistance in formation, capitalization financing, employment issues, and corporate transactions. Our experience with technology-oriented clients assures that these matters will be handled with sensitivity to the special issues raised by the technologies involved, and the marketplace for their goods and services.
- Patent, copyright and trademark licensing, application preparation and prosecution
- Employee confidentiality and non-competition agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Sales representative agreements
- Import/export control regulations
- International licensing and distribution
- Software development agreements
- Value-Added Resellers (VAR) agreements
- Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Software escrow agreements
- Software publishing agreements
- End-user software licenses
- Software and hardware maintenance agreements
- Technology transfer agreements
- Biotechnology license agreements
- Marketing agreements
- Venture capital financing
- Stock and asset sales