Jeffery M. Wells
Jeffery Wells is an Associate in the Seattle office of Williams Kastner. His practice focuses on business litigation and labor and employment law. Jeffery worked as a teaching assistant and a research assistant at the Seattle University School of Law and interned for the Society of Counsel Representing Accused Persons.
- Williams Kastner, Associate | 2013 – Present
- Williams Kastner, Summer Associate | Summer 2011
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Black Lawyers Association — Top 40 under 40
- Williams Kastner Diversity Committee
Presentations & Seminars
- Presenter, “The Rise of Wage & Hour Class Actions,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Seminar, Seattle, WA, November 1, 2017.
- Presenter, “Seasonal Employment,” Northwest Fisheries Association Human Resources Presentation, March 2017.
- Presenter, “Minimum Wage & Sick Leave and I-1433 Webinar,” LeadingAge Washington, December 20, 2016.
Presenter, “Equal Employment Opportunity Update,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Seminar, November 3, 2016.
- Presenter, “The Non-Traditional Workforce – Heightened Risk?” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 22, 2015.
- Presenter, “Best Practices in Hiring: Challenges to Background Checks and Asking About Criminal History,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 15, 2013.
- Co-Presenter, “Interns, Independent Contractors, Home Health Care and Other Wage and Hour Hotspots,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Seminar, Seattle, WA, November 13, 2013.
Articles & Publications
- Author, “May an employer require an employee to reimburse costs paid for training if the employee leaves soon after receiving training?” Puget Sound Business Journal, June 30, 2017.
- Author, “What should I know about the proposed National Right-to-Work Act?” Puget Sound Business Journal, February 24, 2017.
- Author, “I pay my employees on a piece rate basis; do I have to pay them separately for rest breaks?” Puget Sound Business Journal, July 29, 2016.
- Author, “If I believe that my customers will not work with a disabled employee, does their employment create an undue hardship?” Puget Sound Business Journal, March 27, 2015.
- Author, “Title VII and Gender Identity Discrimination,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Alert, December 23, 2014.
- Author, “Do I have to pay my interns?” Puget Sound Business Journal, July 26, 2013.