Mark M. Myers
Mark Myers is a Member in the Seattle office. His practice emphasizes environmental remedial actions and sediment cleanups, environmental contribution litigation, and toxic tort litigation. Mr. Myers has represented clients in federal and state courts throughout the state of Washington. He was named by Seattle Magazine as one of Seattle’s “Top Lawyers” in Environmental Law. He has also been recognized by the Seattle Met magazine Who’s Who Legal as a “Top Lawyer” in Environmental Law, a designation based upon Martindale-Hubbell’s ranking of those practitioners who have been judged by their peers to be “AV Preeminent”—the highest peer-review rating available.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Environmental and Land Use Section
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Environmental Litigation and Toxic Tort Subsection
- Northwest Environmental Claims Association
- Member, 1990 – Present
- Chairperson, 1994
- Board Member, Western Washington University Center for Innovative Education (CIE), 2007 – Present, and Dean’s Advisory Board 2015 – Present
- Gold Medal Squared and IMPACT Certified USAV Youth Volleyball Coach, 2008 – Present
- Certified Dual Goals Coach by the Positive Coaching Alliance
- In 2007, Mr. Myers was lead counsel in two lengthy trials involving CERCLA and MTCA liability and remediation issues, including the unique question of whether wood waste in a marine environment constituted a CERCLA or MTCA “hazardous substance.”
- Currently lead counsel on two Puget Sound Initiative sediment and upland remediation sites.
- Represents Major Oil company client regarding access to, and investigation and remediation of legacy retail gas station sites throughout Washington State.
- Represented client in contested claim hearing in Asarco bankruptcy case, U.S. Federal Bankruptcy Court, Corpus Christi, TX.
- Represented clients in seven environmental and toxic tort class action lawsuits
- Represented national and international corporations in environmental regulatory and contribution/cost recovery lawsuits. Mr. Myers has handled a wide variety of environmental cases involving PCBs, dioxin, chlorinated solvents, petroleum distillates, wood preservatives, arsenic, pesticides, and heavy metals. He also has significant experience in environmental dredging and precision dredging remedial actions, and served as common counsel for a large group of companies who are remediating a hazardous waste disposal facility in eastern Washington
- Represented clients in environmental regulatory matters, including the investigation and remediation of soil, groundwater and sediment contamination, handling and disposal of hazardous substances, regulatory penalties and appeals.
- Represented clients in negotiations with the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Washington Department of Ecology and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
- Provided reservation-of-rights defense with respect to toxic tort and a variety of environmental claims to many different clients on behalf of several insurance carriers.