Eddy Silverman is licensed to practice law in Washington and Nevada, and focuses his work on tort defense for corporate clients, doctors and hospitals, and transportation companies.
Eddy has a broad practice, with extensive courtroom experience. He employs a holistic approach, and specializes in fashioning creative solutions to effectuate positive case results.
In addition to litigation, Eddy has a wealth of mediation/alternative dispute resolution experience, as both a mediator himself and as an advocate for clients. He holds a Master’s Degree in Dispute Resolution from The Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine Law, which is routinely ranked as the top such program in the United States by U.S. News and World Report.
Away from the office, some of the things Eddy enjoys are movies, music, and spending time with his family.
Recognitions & Awards
- Legal Elite 2016, Nevada Business Magazine, June 2016
Presentations & Seminars
- Defense Tactics Unique to Brain Injury Cases, NBI Traumatic Brain Injury Cases: Doctor and Attorney Perspectives, Seattle, Washington, June 2019.
Articles & Publications
- “The Suspicious Existence of the ‘Repeat Player Effect’ in Mandatory Arbitration of Employment Disputes,” National Law Review, March 2013.
- “Dick Woodson’s Revenge: The Evolution of Salary Arbitration in Major League Baseball,” Pepperdine Law Review (2013 Pepp. L. Rev. 23).
- Anticipating a Fight over “the Anticipation of Litigation”: Maximizing Work Product Protection When Defending Against Tort Claims in a Corporate Setting, USLAW Magazine, Summer 2019 Issue.