David W. Wiley
Dave Wiley is a Member in the Seattle office and serves on the Board of Directors for the firm. His practice concentrates on representation of the transportation and solid waste industries and also includes regulatory and administrative law, employment, corporate and legislative matters. His list of clients includes solid, biomedical and hazardous waste carriers, motor freight carriers, commercial ferries, moving and storage companies, couriers, and buses among other public and private transportation carriers. Mr. Wiley represents clients before various administrative agencies including the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, the Washington Health Care Authority, the Washington Department of Labor & Industries, the Washington Department of Revenue, and the U.S. Department of Transportation. Mr. Wiley has been named to Super Lawyers for 2004 and 2008 through 2013 by Super Lawyers magazine in its annual review of Washington’s top lawyers. He has also been recognized by the Seattle Met magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in Transportation for 2010, a designation based upon Martindale-Hubbell’s ranking of those practitioners in King County who have been judged by their peers to be “AV Preeminent”—the highest peer-review rating available.
Williams Kastner, Member | 1994 – Present
Windus, Thomas, Calmes & Wiley, Partner | 1989 – 1994
Sole Practitioner | 1986 – 1989
Casey, Knopp & Wiley | 1983 – 1986
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member, Labor and Human Resources Committee
- Member, State Regulatory Issues Committee
- Washington State Bar Association
- Trustee, Administrative Law Committee, 1991 – 1995
- American Bar Association
- Member, Public Utility, Communications, and Transportation Law Committee
- California State Bar Association
- USLAW Network
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Northwest Industry Partnership
- Executive Industry Board Member, 2001 – 2003
- The Lakeside School
- Chair, Annual Fund, 2004 – 2006
- Board of Trustees, 2008 – 2017
- Colgate University
- Member, Parent Fund Steering Committee, 2006 – 2008
- Town of Clyde Hill Public Utilities Commission
- Chairman, 1989 – 2005
Presentations & Seminars
- Presenter, “Current Issues in Solid Waste Collection, Transportation, and Disposal Regulation,” Solid Waste in Washington Seminar, August 2019.
- Presenter, “Lurito Gallagher Revisited,” WRRA Christmas Meeting & Banquet, December 2018.
- Presenter, “Trucking and Transportation Regulations, Liability and Litigation,” National Business Institute, December 2016.
- Co-Chair and Presenter, “Trucking Litigation and DOT Regulations in Washington State,” Lorman Education Services, Seattle, WA, June 2008 and March 2007.
- Presenter, “Regulating the Movement of Waste and Recyclables in the United States and Canada,” Roundtable Legal Discussion for the Solid Waste Association of North America, Summer Meeting, 1997.
Articles & Publications
- Co-author, “Current Social and Economic Conditions in Skagit County, Washington: An Update for U.S. Department of Energy, Environment and Safety Division,” 1978.