GENERAL SUMMARY: Prepare complex legal documents, correspondence and chronologies under the direction of attorney(s). Coordinate case activities. Develop and implement appropriate systems for collecting and organizing case materials. Observe confidentiality of client and firm matters. This position supports attorneys who practice in civil commercial litigation and asbestos.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Prepare answers and initial discovery requests.
- Submit plaintiffs’ releases and collect medical and employment records through T-scan (usually)
- Review medical records and prepare medical chronologies.
- FOIA/Public Record Requests and subpoenas.
- Oversee incoming discovery and documents from other parties.
- Prepare witness disclosures.
- Compile expert review materials and communicate with experts.
- Prepare ER 904, witness and exhibits lists, and other trial preparation.
- General case and case schedule/calendar oversight.
- Eclipse SE or other database experience (end user).
Position involves recurring work situations with occasional variation from the normal to a high degree of complexity. Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision. Overtime may be required during periods of heavy workload.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and database capabilities. Experience with Eclipse, Chrome River, LiquidFiles, WestLaw OnePass, CourtTrax, ExpertTime, DM, eCopy PDF Pro Office and Innova, or similar technology, is strongly preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Knowledge of case economics and case management techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to instruct and coordinate activities of other paralegals and litigation assistants.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Associate or undergraduate degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or experience demonstrating required skills.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ paralegal experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Travel outside the office may be necessary occasionally.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential responsibilities or requirements.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume.