GENERAL SUMMARY: Perform administrative legal support under the supervision of an attorney. Organize and retrieve legal documents and assist with preparation of case materials. Maintain and organize case files, exhibits, and notebooks. Observe confidentiality of client and firm matters. The ideal candidate will have experience in a variety of practice group areas, such as business litigation, business transactions and formations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer. This position involves recurring work situations with occasional variation from the normal to a moderate degree of complexity. Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision. Overtime may be required during periods of high workload.
- Assist with all aspects of the litigation process including: ECF filing experience, familiarity with federal, state and local court rules, trial preparation, etc.
- Draft correspondence and pleadings and other communications in strict confidence for attorney review; communicate with attorneys, clients and vendors in a professional manner.
- Maintain attorney calendars including coordination of schedules, case docketing, and assisting with travel arrangements. Track deadlines and notify attorneys.
- Organize and maintain case files in electronic filing system, including photocopying, filing, typing and updating case indices.
- Research, retrieve, collect and compile case materials for use by attorneys and experts.
- Coordinate attorney directives regarding case and client guidelines.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience understanding litigation procedures.
- Familiarity with basic office policies and procedures.
- High degree of technical skills, including MS Office products required; docketing software a plus.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as personal computer, multi-line telephone, fax/copy machine.
- Ability to maintain filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with all levels of a law firm from attorneys to reception, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others as a team, in a collegial manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and organize work to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree a plus or equivalent work experience demonstrating required skills.
EXPERIENCE: 4+ years’ experience or any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Ability to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Travel outside the office may occasionally be necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential responsibilities or requirements.
Please send applications to email@example.com