GENERAL SUMMARY: Assist with general filing duties on an as-needed basis with legal assistance and provide reception coverage. Sort, categorize and index appropriate documents following firm procedures and policies.
HOURS: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM (1 hour lunch)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform un-assisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer, including:
- Perform filing for legal assistance maintaining attorneys’ legal working files (60%).
- Provide firm reception duties (40%).
- Other administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Basic filing knowledge, both alpha and numeric, with aptitude for detail.
- Able to take direction and communicate well with staff and attorneys.
- Good keyboard skills with moderate typing speed.
- Knowledge of data entry and experience with personal computers.
- Ability to prioritize work projects and work independently after appropriate training and instruction.
- Greet clients while maintaining a professional demeanor and reception workspace (during time at reception desk).
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Ability to read, write and understand procedures and instruction as would be acquired during four years of high school.
EXPERIENCE: Previous filing, data entry and/or office experience a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and the like. Ability to lift and/or transport files/boxes up to 20 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential responsibilities or requirements.
Please submit cover letter and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org