Taryn M. Basauri
Taryn Basauri is an Associate in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. Taryn Basauri represents clients in commercial disputes, product liability, toxic tort, and related defense work.
In her previous role as a Law Clerk for the Honorable John M. Melanson of the Idaho Court of Appeals, she gained significant appellate advocacy skills in different areas of the law. During law school, Taryn worked as a research and teaching assistant, and as a legal intern for different firms with varying practice areas where she gained valuable experience arguing motions, managing discovery, participating in client interviews, and conducting and defending depositions. This experience parallels the work she will do as a member of defense teams for Taryn’s clients.
In her free time, Taryn loves to play outside! Running, biking, snowboarding, and yoga are among her favorite activities. She is currently trying to train her dog to paddle board with her—so far the experience has left much to be desired. Taryn also enjoys live music and music festivals.
- Idaho Law Review (Director of Social Relations, 2015-2016)
- Westside Community Focus, Board of Directors
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Membership Committee
Recognitions & Awards
- Runner-up Best Oralist in McNichols Moot Court Competition (2014)
Presentations & Seminars
- Co-Author & Seminar Speaker, Attorney’s Tax Group (2012-2013)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, On Trend – “Recent Lessons for Talc Defendants” (January 2018)