Steven F. Cade
Steven Cade is an Associate in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. He is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation practice group.
Steven’s practice concentrates in the areas of commercial litigation, construction law, products liability, and transportation law. He also advises both insurers and insureds on insurance coverage issues. Notably, Steven assisted in prosecuting a multi-million dollar products liability case on behalf of a construction client. After a three week trial, the jury returned a verdict substantially justifying his client’s position. Recently, Steven has been involved in defending a number of claims filed in Portland regarding the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Steven is also committed to his community. A Portland native, he has provided pro bono service to victims of domestic violence and to local civic organizations. He earned his law degree from the University of Oregon in 2010, graduating with honors. Steven is a proud veteran of the US Army, Infantry, having served three years with the 101st Airborne Division.
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Clackamas County Bar Association
Articles & Publications
- “Proving Lost Profit Claims,” Construction Law Newsletter, Summer 2018.
- “Court of Appeals Continues to Broaden Coverage for Construction Defect Claims but Tosses Insurers a Procedural Bone,” Construction Law Newsletter, June 2017.
- “Security Factors Heavily into Oregon’s Construction Rules,” Marijuana Venture, April 2017.
- “Oregon’s Supreme Court Revives Statutory Damages Caps,” Lorber Greenfield Polito, August 2016.
- “Oregon Supreme Court Clarifies Statute of Limitations,” Lorber Greenfield Polito, July 2016.
- Williams Kastner, Associate | 2016 – Present
- Lorber, Greenfield & Polito, Associate | 2012 – 2016
- Sole Proprietor | 2011 – 2012
- Jackson County Counsel’s Office, Law Clerk | 2010
- Josephine County Public Defenders, Law Clerk | 2009
- Bonneville Power Administration, Law Clerk | 2008