Stephen P. Arnot
Stephen P. Arnot concentrates his practice in the firm’s core area of debtor/creditor law, focusing in particular on representing banks, individuals, committees, and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 cases. He also concentrates his practice in commercial litigation including foreclosure actions, receiverships, and collection matters in state and federal courts in California and Oregon. Mr. Arnot has particular expertise in defending and prosecuting preference and fraudulent conveyance actions in state and federal courts. He also consults and advises clients on estate planning and asset protection strategies for individuals and business entities.
Mr. Arnot also serves as a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee in the District of Oregon. He has administered thousands of Chapter 7 cases as the court appointed trustee. Mr. Arnot has also liquidated hundreds of cases with assets that have varied from a regional airline to a recycling plant.
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section; Executive Committee, 2012-2014
- The State Bar of California
- Federal Bar of District of Oregon, Northern District of California, Eastern District of California, Central District of California
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Presentations & Seminars
- Speaker at U.S. Trustee Seminar on “Liquidating Property Subject to Tax Lines,” October 2016
- Speaker at CLE seminar on “Bankruptcy from a Trustee’s Perspective,” March 2011
- Speaker on Bankruptcy and Its Effect on Divorce, 2010
- Speaker on BAPCPA and Its Effect on Secured Lenders, September 2009
Articles & Publications
- Published cases: In re Gill, 574 BR 709 (9th Cir BAP 2017); In re Heintz, 198 BR 581 (9th Cir BAP 1996); In re Randstrom, 215 BR 454 (ND CAL 1997); In re RJW Lumber, 262 BR 91 (ND CAL 2001); In re Straightline Investments, Inc 525 F. 3d 870 (9th Cir 2008); In re Yarber 522 BR 328 (D. OR 2015); In re Endresen 530 BR 856 (D. OR 2015); In re Neal 554 BR 241 (D. OR 2016); Arnot v. Cheney 2015 WL9920791 (D. OR 2015); In re Gokey 152 BR 750 (ND CAL 1993); In re Stuart 2002 WL 31802532 (ND CAL 2002)