Paul K. Friedrich
Paul K. Friedrich is a Member in the Seattle office of Williams Kastner and is a member of the firm’s Construction Litigation & Surety Practices Team. His practice involves representing sureties and insurers in all aspects of bond claims with a particular emphasis on construction law. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to prosecuting indemnity and subrogation matters on behalf of his surety clients. Mr. Friedrich has a proven track record of success for his clients at both the trial court level and on appeal.
- Williams Kastner, Member | 2018 – Present
- Williams Kastner, Associate | 2016 – 2018
- Yusen & Friedrich, Associate | 2010 – 2016
- Law Clerk and Rule 9 Intern, WA State Attorney General’s Office | 2008 – 2009
- Washington State Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Fidelity & Surety Law Committee
Presentations & Seminars
- Speaker, “Affirmative Claims Handling Obligations,” CapSpecialty Claims Summit, November 2017.
- Speaker, “Implied Warranty of the Plans and Specifications: Avoidance of or Challenges to Liability,” Pearlman Surety
Conference, September 2017.
Articles & Publications
- Author, “Enforcing The Surety’s Rights To The Defaulting Principal’s Contract Funds On Federal Projects: A Step-By-Step Guide to Navigating the FAR,” Surety Claims Institute Newsletter, May, 2018.
Author, “Washington Court of Appeals Dismisses Oregon Contractor’s Lawsuit for Failure to Substantially Comply with Contractor Registration Requirements,” Williams Kastner Surety Law Update, Spring 2018.
Co-Author, “Washington/Oregon Doctrine Of Equitable Subrogation: Are Indemnity Agreements Necessary?” Williams Kastner Surety Law Update, Spring 2018.
- Co-Author, “Implied Warranty of the Plans and Specifications: Avoidance of or Challenges to Liability,” Pearlman Surety Conference, September 2017.
- Author, “Washington State Legislative Alert: 2017 Regular Session,” Williams Kastner Surety Law Update, Spring 2017.
Author, “Washington’s New Uniform Power of Attorney Act: Surety Underwriters Beware,” Williams Kastner Surety Law Update, Winter 2017.
Author, “Williams Kastner assists surety in defeating indemnitor’s bad faith and CPA counterclaims,” Williams Kastner Surety Law Update, August 2016.
Co-Author, Washington Chapter of ABA Surety Underwriters Deskbook, 2016.