Nicholas R. Major
Nicholas “Nick” R. Major is a civil litigation attorney who has successfully defended clients in products liability, professional liability, personal injury, asbestos, and general liability cases. He is comfortable litigating in a variety of jurisdictional and procedural contexts including but not limited to civil and criminal arenas; federal and state courts; and arbitration and trial forums.
Early in his career, Nick gained valuable litigation and trial experience at a fast-paced civil litigation defense firm in Seattle. He independently managed a large case load of complex civil matters ranging from wrongful death claims to construction defect lawsuits. Nick’s level of experience and knowledge is attributable to his strong work ethic, his investment in each of his clients and their needs, and his ability to thrive when taking on new challenges and responsibilities.
Since moving to Williams Kastner, Nick has continued to advocate for his clients and gain their trust as a tenacious civil litigator. Nick enjoys learning about each case from the vantage point of his clients, and through that process, has developed a creative approach to litigation that allows him to achieve fair, efficient, and effective resolutions for his clients.
While in law school, Nick served on the Student Bar Association holding numerous positions including Presidential Adviser, Academic Standards Representative, and was a Member of the Curriculum and Pedagogy Committee. Nick was also a member of the American Indian Law Journal where he served as the Writing Competition Chair during his third year. In addition to the above, Nick interned at the Washington State Attorney General’s Office in their Complex Litigation Department; he was an extern to The Honorable Carol A. Schapira (Ret.); he gained experience as a legal intern at Amazon.com in its AWS Infrastructure Department; and Nick dedicated his third year to handling criminal defense matters for the King County Division of Public Defense as a licensed Rule 9 Intern.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Sports In Schools
- Shoah Foundation
- Seattle Sounders Season Ticket Holder
- 2010 to 2017
- University of Washington Season Ticket Holder (Football)
- 2008 to 2018
- Fantasy Football Commissioner (Ret.) 2011 to 2019
- 3x Champion (2014, 2015, 2016)
Recognitions & Awards
- Access to Justice Institute: Pledge Pro Bono
- Over 100 hours of legal pro bono work (2012 to 2015)
Some of Nick’s recent achievements include:
- Defense verdict in a traumatic amputation and impalement case with claimed damages exceeding $5,000,000.00;
- Dismissal of a premises liability matter with claimed damages exceeding $2,000,000.00 for a local professional design company;
- Dismissal of a personal injury matter with claimed damages exceeding $150,000.00 for a local construction company;
- Successful summary judgment briefing and oral argument securing a dismissal due to a lack of product identification evidence in an asbestos matter;
- Successful defense of an automotive shop resulting in a favorable settlement on the eve-of-trial for only $7,500.00 in a premises liability matter with claimed damages exceeding $300,000.00;
- Successful defense of a medical products manufacturer resulting in a favorable settlement on the eve-of-trial for only $15,000.00 in a premises liability matter with claimed damages exceeding $300,000.00; and
- Successful defense of a medical products manufacturer resulting in a favorable settlement for only $7,000.00 in a personal injury matter with claimed damages exceeding $150,000.00.