John A. Knox
John Knox is a Member in the Seattle office. His practice emphasizes complex civil litigation, including intellectual property, products liability, class actions and general commercial litigation. Mr. Knox was named to Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers magazine in 2002, 2003 and 2005. He has also been recognized by the Seattle Met magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in Litigation for 2010, a designation based upon Martindale-Hubbell’s ranking of those practitioners in King County who have been judged by their peers to be “AV Preeminent”—the highest peer-review rating available.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for Western District of Washington
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
Presentations & Seminars
- Local Federal Practice, Bellingham, Washington, October 1984.
- Washington Products Liability, Aetna Casualty & Surety, Seattle, Washington, August 1985.
- Local Federal Rules Seminar, Seattle, Washington, January 1986.
- Pretrial Civil Motions In Federal Court, Seattle, Washington, December 1988.
- Washington Product Liability Law: Recognizing and Evaluating, Preparation and Trial, Professional Education Systems, Inc., Seattle, Washington, January 1990.
- Discovery Tactics: Drawing the Line Between Clever and Unfair, Professional Education Systems, Inc., Seattle, Washington, May 1991.
- Depositions: Strategies, Tactics & Mechanics, Professional Education Systems, Inc., Seattle, Washington, February 1993.
- Why Choose Federal Court: Understanding the Local Requirements of the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington, Washington State Bar Association, Seattle, Washington, December 1993.
- Defense of products liability claims, including hydraulic excavators, forklifts, chemical exposures, asbestos, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, motorcycles, all terrain vehicles, lawn tractors, tires and rims and various other products, machines and devices.
- Intellectual property litigation involving patents, trade secrets, non-competes, copyrights and trademarks.
- Commercial litigation including contract disputes, securities fraud, backdated options, UCC claims, antitrust, partnership dissolution, shareholder and LLC disputes and consumer protection claims.
- Prosecution and defense of consumer class actions involving automotive and engine components, consumer products, FDCPA violations, TCPA claims, financial transactions and mortgage payoffs and servicing activities.