Donald H. Grim
Donald H. Grim is Of Counsel with Williams Kastner. He concentrates his practice on tax controversies, estate planning and probate, and bankruptcy. He has practiced before the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, Federal District Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, United States Tax Court, Oregon State Circuit Court, Oregon State Tax Court, and Oregon State Supreme Court.
Don frequently handles controversies arising between taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service, Oregon Department of Revenue, and Oregon’s county assessors. He assists taxpayers (businesses and individuals) with audits, installment plans, offers in compromise, responsible officer penalties, and tax court litigation. He also advises clients on bankruptcy solutions to tax problems.
In the 2013 through 2017 editions of Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, Don was recognized as a Rising Star, an honor limited to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state.
A native Oregonian, Don earned his undergraduate and law degrees from Oregon universities. His experience heading his family’s lumber and real estate company led him to a career in law.
- Rising Star, Oregon Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section
- Oregon State Bar Taxation Section
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning Section
- Multnomah Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
University of Oregon School of Law
Oregon State University
Articles & Publications
- Author/Speaker, Broadbrush Taxation “Bankruptcy and Tax,” Oregon State Bar CLE, October 2011.
- Author/Speaker, “Bankruptcy Basics – An Introduction to Chapter 7 and Chapter 13,” National Business Institute CLE, November 2010.
- Author, “Dealing with Bankruptcy’s 180 Day Dragnet,” Oregon Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, spring 2010.
- Author, “Retirement Plans at Risk of Seizure,” Oregon Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, fall 2009.
- Author, “Homestead Exemption at Risk,” Oregon Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, spring 2007.