Blair I. Fassburg
Blair I. Fassburg is a Member in the firm’s Seattle office whose practice primarily focuses on counseling and representing clients in the transportation and solid waste industries, business litigation, administrative law, environmental law, regulatory litigation and corporate matters.
Mr. Fassburg represents regulated industries before a number of administrative agencies and in civil litigation. As a business litigator and aspiring trial lawyer, Mr. Fassburg is experienced in representing industry clients in litigation with respect to a wide array of legal matters, including contract disputes, contractor and materialmen’s liens, civil racketeering, land use, restrictive covenant enforcement, products liability, copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, business disparagement and defamation, catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Prior to joining Williams Kastner, Mr. Fassburg practiced law for over a decade in Texas, where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies both in and out of the transportation industry, in tort, commercial, and real estate litigation.
Mr. Fassburg is a 2005 graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude and was a member of Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Fassburg attended Occidental College where he played on the Division III football team, and ultimately received a Bachelor of Science from Texas State University-San Marcos in 2002, graduating magna cum laude.
- American Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Washington Refuse & Recycling Association.
Presentations & Seminars
- Current Issues in Solid Waste Collection, Transportation, and Disposal Regulation, Solid Waste in Washington Seminar, August 2019.
- Developments at the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission in 2017, Washington Refuse & Recycling Association, December 2017.
- Damages, Liens and Subrogation in Settlement Negotiations, NBI Auto Injury Litigation From Start to Finish, December 2017.
- Defending Nighttime Trucking Accidents, Trucking Boot Camps for Claims Professionals, 2016.
- Defending Claims and Suits by Foreign Claimants/Plaintiffs, Trucking Boot Camps for Claims Professionals, 2015.
- Emerging Trends: The Reptile Theory, Trucking Boot Camps for Claims Professionals, 2014.
- Cloud Computing for Lawyers 101, DRI Business Litigation Seminar, May 2014.
Articles & Publications
- Author, “Regulatory Hurdles and Safety Considerations Remaining for Autonomous Trucks,” DRI In Transit Newsletter, 2017.
- Author, “Defending Nighttime Trucking Accidents,” DRI The Voice, 2016.