Admiralty & Maritime
Williams Kastner boasts one of the most comprehensive admiralty and maritime practices in the Pacific Northwest. Our Admiralty and Maritime Team emphasizes representation of owners and operators of industrial fishing and fish processing vessels, tug and barge and other maritime transport interests. Our litigators bring a wealth of experience representing the complex needs of individual companies.
Williams Kastner has a proven track record assisting vessel owners with vessel documentation, the purchase and sale of vessels, licensing, vessel construction and refit, citizenship and endorsement qualifications, enforcement of secured interests, oil pollution, Jones Act defense and defending Coast Guard enforcement matters.
We assist clients in securing release from arrest, maritime liens and represent interests in arresting, enforcing maritime liens and secured interests through Marshal Sale. We also assist in the purchase and sale of fishing equipment, permits, licenses, gear and fish products.
As a full service firm, we possess the expertise and ability to handle almost every legal issue our maritime clients might encounter, including:
• Protection and indemnity claims, coverage and defense
• Labor and Employment Disputes including seaman wage claims and Long shore and Harbor Workers’ Act claims
• Crew contracts and Shipping Articles
Vessel Contract Issues
• Regulatory compliance, documentation, vessel inspection, class, load line, U.S. Build and Crewing
• Acquisitions and sales of vessels
• Vessel financing, construction and construction defect resolution
• Tug and towage contracts and dispute resolution
• Marine hull insurance valuation, claims and coverage
• Pollution incidents, response and claim litigation
• Vessel casualty response and claims
• Cargo loss and damage claims including those under Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA)
• Salvage claims and defense
Marine Insurance Placement and Coverage
• Marine hull insurance policies
• Protection and Indemnity and General Liability policies
• Pollution policies