Fax: (503) 222-7261
1515 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97201-5449
S. Ward Greene has a varied transactional and litigation practice with its focus in commercial law, business reorganization, bankruptcy, collections, employment law and real estate matters. Mr. Greene has represented a number of creditors’ committees and debtors in successful Chapter 11 cases, as well as represented corporate and banking clients in general business financing and corporate matters. He has been involved in the acquisition and restructuring of a number of businesses.
Mr. Greene has been a speaker at the bi-annual Oregon-Washington Uniform Commercial Code Seminar, Northwest Bankruptcy Institute, and numerous Multnomah Bar Association and Oregon State Bar seminars on Uniform Commercial Code, collection law, bankruptcy, real estate financing and lien law.
- Board of Governors: Oregon State Bar, 2005-2009
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2017
- Oregon State Bar President’s Award for Sustainability, 2015
- Listed in Oregon Super Lawyers for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2006-2016
- Top 50 Lawyers, Oregon Super Lawyers, 2009-2014 and 2016
- Member: Multnomah Bar Association; Oregon State Bar; American Bankruptcy Institute
- Editorial Board Member: Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section Newsletter
- President: Multnomah Bar Association, 1998-1999; Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court, 1995-1996; Oregon Law Institute, 1994-1995
- Fellow: American College of Bankruptcy
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Speaker, 30th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, Oregon State Bar, April 2017.
- Author, “Asset Protection for the Small Business Owner,” Coast River Business Journal, October 2011.
- Speaker, “Advising Business Clients in Troubled Times,” Oregon Law Institute, February 2009.
- Speaker, “Bankruptcy Tips and Traps for the Domestic Relations Lawyer,” Oregon State Bar, February 2009.
- Author, “Pre-Bankruptcy Planning: A Lawyer’s Duty or Death Wish?” Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, 2000.
- Co-Author, “Bankruptcy and Family Law,” OSB Family Law, 1997 Supplement.
- Author, “Understanding the Interplay between Domestic Relations and Bankruptcy Law,” Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, 1991.
- Contributing Editor, Commercial Practice Manual (UCC Article 9 Secured Transactions, Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section 1988-90), 1994 Supplement.
- Editor, Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, 1987. Editorial Board 1987-present; Oregon State Bar Manual “Bankruptcy Law,” 1992 Supplement.
- Author, “Landlord’s Liens in Oregon,” Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, 1984.