Ellen M. Voss
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204-2025
Ellen Voss is a member in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. Her practice emphasizes medical malpractice litigation, health care regulatory compliance, and advising health care clients. She was named a Rising Star for 2008 - 2014 by Super Lawyers magazine. Ms. Voss was also selected by her peers as “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell – the highest peer-review rating available.
- Williams Kastner, Member | 2004 - Present
- Duden Neiman LLP, Associate | 2002 - 2004
- Tooze, Duden, Creamer, Frank & Hutchison, Associate | 2000 - 2002
- Oregon State Bar (MCLE Committee Secretary and Chairman, 2005-2006; Product Liability Executive Committee, 2005-2008; Local Professional Responsibility Committee, 2006-2009)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (Young Lawyers' Committee, 2001-2004)
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Presentations & Publications:
- CLE speaker, "Starting Your Family, Succeeding in Your Career," Oregon Women Lawyers' CLE, 2014.
- Annual Conference speaker, Oregon Health Information Managers Association, 2007.
- Defense Research Institute Medical Liability Section HIPAA Best Practice Guide, Oregon and Washington, 2007.
- "Oregon Case Shows Caps Aren't Always What They Seem," Law Journal Newsletter, Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Vol. 22, No. 1, November 2004.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court (Oregon, Western Washington)
- Willamette University College of Law (JD), 2000, Law Review, Associate Editor
- Oregon State University (BA), History, cum laude, 1996; (BA), International Studies with Japanese minor, cum laude, 1996
- Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, 1994 - 1995.