Robert W Sargeant
Phone: 206 628-5981
Fax: (206) 628-6611
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98101
Rob Sargeant, a member of the firm and the Business and Real Estate Transactions practice group, is a real estate lawyer with extensive experience in transactions and litigation. His clients include commercial and residential purchasers and sellers, lenders, landlords and tenants, title insurance companies and their agents and insureds, brokers and renewable energy developers.
Mr. Sargeant is an experienced title claims counsel, representing title insurance underwriters, agents and their insureds in resolving title disputes.
Rob also has significant experience representing wind energy developers nationally in closing acquisition, disposition, equity participation and debt transactions.
Before returning to private practice, Rob managed a national title services office for an international title underwriter that issues title policies and closes commercial transactions throughout the country. Mr. Sargeant also served as a member of the Washington Land Title Association’s Executive Committee and as chair of its Judiciary Committee. He has represented the WLTA before the Washington State Supreme Court as amicus curiae in several landmark decisions involving the land title industry.
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Board of Regents)
- American Bar Association (Chair, Title Insurance Law Committee, 2000-2001; Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- Washington State Bar Association (Real Property, and Probate and Trust Section)
- Oregon State Bar Association (Real Estate and Land Use Section)
- Alaska Bar Association (Real Estate Section)
- King County Bar Association (Real Property, and Probate and Trust Section)
- American Wind Energy Association
- Commercial Brokers Association (Board of Directors, 2003-2004) and CCIM
- American Land Title Association
- Washington Land Title Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Urban Land Institute
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court (Western Washington, Eastern Washington, Oregon, Alaska)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Indiana University School of Law (JD) 1982
- Macalester College (BA), cum laude, 1979