James L. Robenalt
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98101
Jim Robenalt is a member in the Seattle office. His practice is focused on general litigation, environmental law, insurance, trust and estates and Indian law and gaming. Mr. Robenalt was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine for 2014 and 2015 as well as one of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys’ 2015 Premier 100.
- American Association of Trial Attorneys
- Seattle Works (Board Member)
- American Bar Association (Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources; Section of Litigation; Young Lawyers Division)
- Washington State Bar Association (Administrative Law Section, Trustee, Board of Trustees)
- King County Bar Associations
- Co-Author, “State of Washington Construction Law Compendium,” USLAW Network, 2009, 2014.
- Co-Author, “Civil Rule 16, Pretrial Procedure and Formulating Issues,” Washington State Bar Civil Procedure Deskbook, 2014.
- Author, “Civil Rule 44, Proof of Official Record,” Washington State Bar Civil Procedure Deskbook, 2014.
- Co-Author, Oregon Chapter, “Construction Litigation Deskbook Reference: A 50-State Survey,” Defense Research Institute, To Be Published.
- Co-Author, “Navigating a New Course: Why the Deepwater Horizon Ecologic Disaster Should Spur Clean Energy Progress,” USLAW Magazine, Fall/Winter 2012.
- Co-Author, “Why Dangerous Greenhouse Gases May Be Incapable Of Regulation,” Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, April 2012.
- Co-Author, "The Medicare Secondary Payer Statute: Compliance and The Mandatory Reporting Requirements," ABA TIPS Business Litigation Committee Newsletter, Winter 2011.
- Co-Author, "Holding Big Insurance Captive – Part II," Indian Country Today, June 5, 2009.
- Co-Author, "Holding Big Insurance Captive - Part I," Indian Country Today, May 11, 2009.
- Co-Author, Idaho Chapter, "Federal Jurisdiction Based on Removal: A 50-State Survey," American Bar Association Section of Litigation, 2008.
- Author, "Predatory Pricing in the Low-Fare Airline Market: Targeted, Discriminatory, and Achieved with Impunity," 68 Ohio St. L.J. 641 (2007).
Seminars and Presentations:
- "The Tribal Self-Insurance Opportunity," Picture This!, Seattle, WA, September 15, 2009.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Law
- General Litigation
- Indian Law & Gaming
- Insurance Coverage
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (JD), Chief Managing Editor - The Ohio State Law Journal, 2007
- Cornell University (BA), Government, 2002