James L. Robenalt
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98101
Jim Robenalt is an associate in the Seattle office. His practice is focused on general litigation, commercial litigation, environmental law, insurance and Indian law and gaming. Mr. Robenalt was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine for 2014.
- American Bar Association (Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources; Section of Litigation; Young Lawyers Division)
- Washington State Bar Association (Administrative Law Section, Trustee, Board of Trustees)
- King County Bar Associations
- Co-Author, “State of Washington Construction Law Compendium,” USLAW Network, 2009, 2014.
- Co-Author, “Civil Rule 16, Pretrial Procedure and Formulating Issues,” Washington State Bar Civil Procedure Deskbook, 2014.
- Author, “Civil Rule 44, Proof of Official Record,” Washington State Bar Civil Procedure Deskbook, 2014.
- Co-Author, Oregon Chapter, “Construction Litigation Deskbook Reference: A 50-State Survey,” Defense Research Institute, To Be Published.
- Co-Author, “Navigating a New Course: Why the Deepwater Horizon Ecologic Disaster Should Spur Clean Energy Progress,” USLAW Magazine, Fall/Winter 2012.
- Co-Author, “Why Dangerous Greenhouse Gases May Be Incapable Of Regulation,” Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, April 2012.
- Co-Author, "The Medicare Secondary Payer Statute: Compliance and The Mandatory Reporting Requirements," ABA TIPS Business Litigation Committee Newsletter, Winter 2011.
- Co-Author, "Holding Big Insurance Captive – Part II," Indian Country Today, June 5, 2009.
- Co-Author, "Holding Big Insurance Captive - Part I," Indian Country Today, May 11, 2009.
- Co-Author, Idaho Chapter, "Federal Jurisdiction Based on Removal: A 50-State Survey," American Bar Association Section of Litigation, 2008.
- Author, "Predatory Pricing in the Low-Fare Airline Market: Targeted, Discriminatory, and Achieved with Impunity," 68 Ohio St. L.J. 641 (2007).
Seminars and Presentations:
- "The Tribal Self-Insurance Opportunity," Picture This!, Seattle, WA, September 15, 2009.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Law
- General Litigation
- Indian Law & Gaming
- Insurance Coverage
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (JD), Chief Managing Editor - The Ohio State Law Journal, 2007
- Cornell University (BA), Government, 2002