Sharon C. Peters
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204-2025
Sharon Peters is a member in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. Her practice emphasizes employment litigation, workplace investigations, and employment practices advice and consultation. Ms. Peters also provides onsite training regarding avoiding claims of harassment and discrimination, as well as how to handle leaves of absence and disability accommodation requests. In addition, she advises clients about the use of non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, and litigates when there are issues of enforcement.
Ms. Peters also provides counsel to health care clients regarding regulatory compliance, crisis management, and the unique personnel issues presented in the health care context. Ms. Peters was named to Rising Stars by Super Lawyers magazine for 2009 - 2014.
Williams Kastner, Member | 2004 - Present
Greenebaum, Doll, and McDonald, Associate Attorney | 2001 - 2003
Ms. Peters is a member of the Oregon State Bar, the Washington State Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.
- Presenter, “Using Agreements to Protect Your Business in Oregon & Washington,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 15, 2014.
- Presenter, “Healthcare Documentation, Do’s, Don’ts, and the Use of Email,” Client Inservice, April 2014.
- Presenter, “Peer Review and Quality Assurance,” Client Inservice, September 2013.
- Presenter, “What’s Ahead from the Supreme Court,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, December 12, 2012.
- Presenter, "Fair Credit Reporting Act Issues for Employers in 2012," USLAW Network Webinar, November 20, 2012.
- Presenter, “Personnel Documentation: What to Say and How to Say It,” Oregon/Washington State Medical Group Management Association Annual Conference, Portland, OR, May, 2012.
- Presenter, “The 3 Headed Monster: Workers Comp, ADA and FMLA,” WHCA 2011 Annual Fall Conference, Yakima, WA, September 27, 2011.
- Presenter, “Oregon Employment Law: Getting it Right,” Oregon/Washington Medical Group Management Association Annual Conference, Spokane, WA, April 20, 2011.
- Presenter, "USERRA: Navigating ADA, FMLA, & Workers' Compensation Issues," The Seminar Group, Portland, OR, October 18, 2007.
- Presenter, "Wage and Hour Class Actions: You're in the Bull's Eye," Williams Kastner's Labor & Employment Half-day Seminar, Seattle, WA, April 18, 2007.
- Co-Presenter, "Unsavory Employee Conduct: What's an Employer to do?" Williams Kastner's Labor & Employment Breakfast Seminar, Portland, OR, March 15, 2007.
- Co-Presenter, “Navigating the Minefield: An employer’s step by step approach to complying with disability, medical leave, and workers’ compensation laws,” Williams Kastner's Labor & Employment Fall Update, Bellevue, WA, September 21, 2005.
- Co-Presenter, “Adventures in Disability and Leave Laws,” Williams Kastner's Labor & Employment Portland Fall Update, Portland, OR, November 16, 2004.
- Author, "Think the New Portland Sick Leave Law Doesn’t Apply to Your Company? Think Again,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Alert, January 7, 2014.
- Co-Author, “As Hospitals Trend Toward Employee Physicians, What Are the Employment Law Consequences?” Washington Healthcare News, June 2012.
- "Nonsolicitation Agreements Often Replace Noncompetes," Portland Business Journal, July 8, 2011.
- "New Law Drastically Alters Noncompete Requirements," Portland Business Journal, August 24, 2007.
- "More Than Just A Word", The Voice, May 17, 2006.
- "Good Records Can Minimize Worker Claims," Copyright Business Journal of Portland 2005.
Areas of Practice
- E-Discovery/E-Document Management
- General Litigation
- Health Care
- Labor & Employment
- Product Liability & Mass Torts
- School Law
- U.S. District Court (Oregon, Western Kentucky)
- University of Louisville School of Law (JD), 2001
- University of Dayton (BS), 1998