Jennifer K. Oetter
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204-2025
Jennifer Oetter is of counsel in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. Her practice is focused on civil litigation and the representation of hospitals and health care professionals. Before joining Williams Kastner, Ms. Oetter was a partner at Hoffman Hart & Wagner. Ms. Oetter has also worked as a consultant and trial lawyer for a Nevada law firm and managed her own law firm.
As a part of her health care liability practice, Ms. Oetter has developed special knowledge and insight regarding birth injury cases. Ms. Oetter has extensive experience with the unique and evolving issues relating to cerebral palsy diagnosis and treatment, as well as an understanding of evolving obstetric and obstetric nursing standards in fetal monitoring, resuscitation, and other issues which arise in the context of prenatal care, labor, delivery and resuscitation.
- Oregon State Bar (Arbitrator, Fee Arbitration Program; Member, Bar Counsel Panel; Member, Uniform Civil Jury Instruction Committee, 2004-2006, Chair, 2006)
- Multnomah Bar Association (Member, Young Lawyers Section, 1999-2005, President 2003-2004, Chair, Community Law Week Committee, 1998)
Civic and Charitable Activities:
- Legal Aid Society or Oregon Domestic Violence Project (Volunteer Lawyer)
- Vancouver United Soccer Alliance (Board of Directors, 2011-Present)
- Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger (Board Member, 2000-2003; Chair, 2002-2003)
- Multnomah Bar Association (CourtCare Committee)
- Oregon State Bar (Multnomah County Ethics Investigation Panel and Counsel)