Eric J. Neiman
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204-2025
Eric Neiman is the Office Lead Member for Williams Kastner's Portland office. He specializes in general civil litigation with an emphasis on health care, professional, business, and product liability issues. Mr. Neiman has been listed in Best Lawyers in the area of Medical Malpractice Law since 2007, and has been named to Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers magazine since 2007.
Mr. Neiman has been lead counsel in more than 80 trials. His trial experience includes more than 100 cases tried to verdict and a wide variety of practice areas for plaintiffs and defendants.
Mr. Neiman has served on several committees of the Oregon State Bar, including the Local Professional Responsibility Committee, the Affirmative Action Committee, and the Client Security Fund Committee. He presently serves as disciplinary counsel for the Bar. Since 1991, he has served actively as a pro-tem circuit court judge.
- Williams Kastner, Member | 2004 - Present
- Duden Neiman LLP, Partner | 2002 - 2004
- Tooze, Duden, Creamer, Frank & Hutchison, Partner | 1986 - 2002
- Tooze Kerr, Associate | 1982 -1986
- American Bar Association (and various sections and committees)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Multnomah County Bar Association
Recent Articles and Publications:
- Author, chapter of “Invasion of Privacy,” Oregon State Bar Torts Deskbook, 2012.
- Editorial Board, Oregon Health Law Manual, 2009 - 2011.
- Co-Author, “Punitive Damages Against Healthcare Providers in the Healthcare Reform Era,” Physician Organizations, American Health Lawyers Association, February 2010; AAOS Now, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, February 2010.
Seminars and Presentations:
- Guest Lecturer, Willamette University College of Law, annually.
- Presenter, “Mental Health Update,” Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys Hospital & Health Law Seminar, Vancouver, B.C., November, 2013.
- Co-Presenter, “Summary Judgments,” Oregon State Bar Association CLE Seminar: Powerful Motion Practice, Portland, Oregon, November 10, 2011.
- Presenter, “Training for Arbitrators,” Multnomah County Bar Association CLE Seminar, October 26, 2005, November 9, 2005, May 24, 2006, June 12, 2006, October 30, 2007 and March 5, 2010.
- Presenter, "Survivor: Idaho and Oregon Strange Differences in Civil Trial Practice Across the Border," Idaho State Bar, Young Lawyers Section, January 24, 2008.
- Moderator and Speaker for the Oregon Women Lawyers Arbitrator Training Program, December 7, 2007.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
- Product Liability & Mass Torts
- Professional Liability
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit)
- U.S. District Court (Oregon, Idaho, Western Washington, Eastern Washington)
- University of Oregon School of Law (JD)., 1982, Order of the Coif
- University of California, Santa Barbara (BA), with highest honors, 1978
- University of California, Los Angeles, 1975 - 1977