Jessica M Lewicki
Fax: (503) 222-7261
1515 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97201-5449
Jessica Lewicki is an associate in the Portland office of Williams Kastner. Her practice focuses on commercial and civil litigation defense, with an emphasis on premises liability, retail, transportation, product liability, employment claims and other general liability matters. Jessica previously clerked for the Honorable Judge Katharine Weber at the Clackamas County Court, where she prepared legal analysis for the judge’s civil, criminal and juvenile dockets.
Jessica earned her law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law in 2012 with a certification in Trial Advocacy. While attending law school, she served as President of the Public Interest Law Society and as an Oral Advocate for KU’s Jessup International Law Moot Court Team. In addition, she served as clerk for the Honorable Judge Steve Leben at the Kansas Court of Appeals, and as an intern for the Kansas Project for Innocence; the Department of Homeland Security; and US Army JAG. Jessica obtained her bachelor’s degree from the University of Portland in 2008, graduating with honors. She currently serves as an oral advocacy coach for Portland’s Classroom Law Project.
- Williams Kastner, Associate | 2016 – Present
- Hart Wagner, Associate | 2014 – 2016
- Clackamas County Circuit Court, Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Katherine Weber | Fall 2013
- Kansas Supreme Court, Research Assistant | Winter 2012
- U.S. Army JAG, Legal Intern, Vilseck, Germany | Summer 2011
- Kansas Court of Appeals, Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Steve Leben | Winter 2011
- Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Legal Intern | May 2010 – Feb 2011
- Oregon New Lawyers Division Public Service Committee
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
Author, “Medical Marijuana Laws and Workplace Accommodations,” Marijuana Venture Magazine, May 2017.
“May a Prospective Employer Ask an Applicant about His or Her Salary History?” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Seminar, Seattle, WA, November 1, 2017.
“Defense Strategies for Working With Social Media and Technology-based Evidence,” US Law Spring Conference, April 6, 2018.
“Salary History Inquiries Prohibited in Oregon,” Williams Kastner Labor and Employment Seminar, November 1, 2017.
“Legal Descriptions that Don’t Close,” National Business Institute Legal Descriptions Seminar, December 13, 2016.
“Reasonable Accommodations for Marijuana in the Workplace,” Williams Kastner Labor and Employment Seminar, November 3 and 9, 2016.
Areas of Practice
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS, J.D., Certificate of Trail Advocacy, 2012
- University of Portland, Portland, OR, B.S., cum laude, Organizational Communications, 2008