Jessie L Harris
Fax: (206) 628-6611
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98101
Jessie Harris is Managing Director of Williams Kastner and a member in the firm’s Seattle office. He is a trial lawyer who concentrates his practice on civil litigation related to employment law, product liability and commercial disputes. Mr. Harris has vast litigation experience consisting of numerous jury trials and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
His employment practice consists of conducting personnel investigations and defending employers against lawsuits alleging wrongful termination, sexual harassment, retaliation, discrimination and other claims arising under Title VII. His commercial practice includes the representation of clients in contract disputes and cases involving misrepresentation and breach of warranties. He also provides risk management assistance to his clients which include corporate entities, municipal corporations, school districts and public agencies.
Mr. Harris has an AV® Preeminent™ rating in Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the highest peer-review rating available. He has also been named to Rising Stars by Super Lawyers magazine from 2001 to 2004, and again from 2008 to 2010 and was named to Super Lawyers from 2011 to 2015.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- American Bar Association (Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section)
- King County Bar Foundation (Board of Trustees)
- Washington Council of School Attorneys
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- King County Superior Court (Mandatory Arbitration Panel)
- “A 21st Century Approach to Diversity,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, February 2009.
- “A Warning Before You Send That E-mail,” KING 5 News, June 27, 2008.
Articles and Presentations
- Presenter, “Workplace Investigations: Lawsuit Prevention,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 15, 2014.
- Presenter, “The Implication of Recent Title VII Cases on Workplace Investigations,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, November 13, 2013.
- “Should Employers Provide Training For Supervisors Who Conduct Performance Evaluations?” Puget Sound Business Journal, September 27, 2013.
- Co-Author, “Retaliation Unleashed! The Ever-Expanding Retaliation Claim,” April 26, 2013.
- Co-Presenter, “Retaliation Unleashed! The Ever-Expanding Retaliation Claim,” Spokane County Bar Association Employment Law CLE, Spokane, WA, April 26, 2013.
- “Should I be concerned about pending flex-time legislation?” Puget Sound Business Journal, January 25, 2013.
- Presenter, “What Can We Expect from the Federal Government?” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, December 12, 2012.
- “Does Washington’s discrimination law require an employer to take action every time an employee complains of ‘harassment’ or a ‘hostile’ work environment?” Puget Sound Business Journal, March 30, 2012.
- “High Court Extends Retaliation Protection To Employee’s Family Members,” Labor & Employment Law Alert, February 10, 2011.
- “Does protection from retaliation extend to the employee’s family members?” Puget Sound Business Journal, January 28, 2011.
- Panelist, “Retaliation Claims—the Tail that Wags the Dog,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Fall Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 22, 2010.
- Presenter and Co-Author, “Student Speech in the Social Networking Era,” Washington Council of School Attorneys Spring Seminar, SeaTac, WA, April 23, 2010.
- Panelist, “Employee Privacy in the Age of Social Networking,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Spring Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, April 22, 2010.
- “Can an employee’s online activity subject a company to liability under the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules concerning endorsements in advertising?” Puget Sound Business Journal, March 26, 2010.
- “The Defense Lawyer’s Tool Kit for Working with Medical Experts,” The Practical Litigator, March 2010.
- “Public Employee Speech in the Age of Social Networking,” Association of Washington Cities, North Bend, WA, November 19, 2009.
- Panelist, “The Labor & Employment Rules Change: Current and Future Compliance Issues Under the Obama Administration,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Fall Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, October 29, 2009.
- Co-Presenter, “Winning Your Case Through Medical Experts,” American Bar Association Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, August 1, 2009.
- “My company will receive federal stimulus funds. Should I be concerned with any whistleblower protections?” Puget Sound Business Journal, May 29, 2009.
- Co-Presenter, “Top Practice Tips from TIPS,” American Bar Association Annual Meeting, New York, NY, August 8, 2008.
- Co-Presenter, “Leave Update,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, May 29, 2008.
- Co-Presenter, “Employment Law Update,” 28th Annual Labor Relations Institute, Association of Washington Cities, Yakima, WA, May 2008.
- Co-Presenter, “Update on Disability Discrimination,” Williams Kastner’s Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Bellevue, WA, November 14, 2007.
- Co-Presenter, “Privacy of Workplace Drug Testing Procedures and Results,” Williams Kastner’s Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, April 18, 2007.
- Presenter, “Implementing a Drug & Alcohol Testing Program,” Williams Kastner Tribal Employment Law Seminar, Shelton, WA, April 21, 2006.
- Co-Presenter, “Focusing on FMLA and its Impact on You,” Williams Kastner Labor & Employment Half-Day Seminar, Seattle, WA, March 22, 2006.
- Co-Presenter, “Working with the Medical Profession to Obtain Essential Medical Information Under the FMLA,” Council on Education in Management FMLA Update, Tacoma, WA, January 30-31, 2006.
- Program Chair, “Shaping the Federal Judiciary: How We Can Change the Face of Justice in America,” American Bar Association National Conference for the Minority Lawyer, Seattle, WA, June 2005.
- Presenter, “Offsetting UIM Awards by PIP Payments and Distinguishing Between Subrogation and Reimbursement,” Spokane Adjusters Association Insurance Seminar, October 2000.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court (Western Washington, Eastern Washington)
- Gonzaga University School of Law (JD), Deans List, National Trial Team
- Washington State University (BA), ASWSU President