Daniel L Steinberg
Fax: (503) 222-7261
1515 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97201-5449
Daniel L. Steinberg is a former deputy prosecuting attorney and has more than 17 years’ experience representing clients in all aspects of commercial litigation in Oregon and Washington federal and state courts. His practice focuses on protecting the rights of individual and institutional creditors including commercial collections, lien foreclosures, property rights, and ERISA litigation. In addition to working with legislative committees, he has taught seminars and testified as an expert on collection and ethics issues and is the past chairman for Multnomah County Local Professional Responsibility Committee.
Before joining Williams Kastner Greene & Markley, Dan was a partner with a commercial litigation firm in Portland; practiced as a deputy prosecuting attorney in Clark County Washington, and clerked with Honorable Frank R. Alley in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon. When he is not practicing law, he spends time with his family, traveling, or volunteering with local sports organizations.
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor and Litigation Sections
- Revised UCC Article 9 Legislative Committee
- Past Chair Multnomah County Local Professional Responsibility Committee
- Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, “Garnishments and Executions,” Oregon Law Institute’s “Judgements and Collecting Judgments in Oregon: Avoiding The Pitfalls” Continuing Legal Education Event, November 2012.
- Presenter, “Advanced Collection Strategies,” National Business Institute Seminar, July 2009.
- Presenter, “Advising Business Clients in Troubles Times,” Oregon Law Institute Seminar, February 2009.
- Presenter, “When Counties Should Consider Retaining Bankruptcy Attorneys,” Oregon Country Counsels’ Association Annual Meeting, November 2002.
- Co-author, “Preference Defenses,” NACM Newsletter, January 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation & Surety
- Creditors’ Rights
- General Litigation
- Title Insurance
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court (Western Washington)
- U.S. District Court (Eastern Washington)
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Portland State University, B.S., 1996