David W Wiley
Fax: (206) 628-6611
Two Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98101
Dave Wiley is a member in the Seattle office. His practice concentrates on representation of the transportation and solid waste industries and also includes regulatory and administrative law, employment, corporate and legislative matters. His list of clients includes solid, biomedical and hazardous waste carriers, motor freight carriers, commercial ferries, moving and storage companies, couriers, and buses among other public and private transportation carriers. Mr. Wiley represents clients before various administrative agencies including the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, the Washington Health Care Authority, the Washington Department of Labor & Industries, the Washington Department of Revenue, and the U.S. Department of Transportation. Mr. Wiley has been named to Super Lawyers for 2004 and 2008 through 2013 by Super Lawyers magazine in its annual review of Washington’s top lawyers. He has also been recognized by the Seattle Met magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in Transportation for 2010, a designation based upon Martindale-Hubbell’s ranking of those practitioners in King County who have been judged by their peers to be “AV Preeminent”—the highest peer-review rating available.
Mr. Wiley is an active member of the Transportation Lawyers Association, USLAW Network and serves on both the Labor & Human Resources and the State Regulatory Issues Committees. He is also a member of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Northwest Industry Partnership (Executive Industry Board Member, 2001 – 2003)
- The Lakeside School (Chair, Annual Fund, 2004 – 2006; Board of Trustees, 2008 – Present)
- Colgate University (Member, Parent Fund Steering Committee, 2006 – 2008)
- Town of Clyde Hill (Chairman, Public Utilities Commission, 1989 – 2005)
Presenter, “Trucking and Transportation Regulations, Liability and Litigation,” National Business Institute, December 2016.
Co-Chair and Presenter, “Trucking Litigation and DOT Regulations in Washington State,” Lorman Education Services, Seattle, WA, June 2008 and March 2007.
- Presenter, “Regulating the Movement of Waste and Recyclables in the United States and Canada,” Roundtable Legal Discussion for the Solid Waste Association of North America, Summer Meeting, 1997.